In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Thank And Praise Ltd. “Our platform” refers to our website and mobile application(App). “Natural individual”, “Data subject”, “user” and “registered user” refer to you.
To delete your TAP App account and associated data please open the App, click on the orange profile button in the top left of the screen, click on My TAP, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Delete my account", then click OK to confirm the deletion. In case you experience any problems deleting your account via the app, please email your request to our data officer on email@example.com
We DO NOT pass personal data and information on to 3rd parties or partners.
We are a company registered in the United Kingdom, that provides a service by offering its users a platform for giving and receiving Thanks And Praise (TAPs) to others, both registered and not yet registered users.
Our company registration number is 11799676 and registered address is 9 Sterling Centre, Eastern Rd, Bracknell RG12 2PW
We need to collect and use information to deliver our services including:
- Registering users
- Contacting potential users who have been identified by other registered users
- Passing on messages of thanks to and from registered and unregistered users
We may not be able to provide the complete services unless we have enough information. In that case, we may have to stop providing a service to you. If so, we will notify you of this at the time.
To enable us to deliver our services, information may be obtained from data subjects (you) or provided by other users e.g. another user may want to thank you, even if you are not yet a TAP user, and mention you in their message to us.
We may collect information via forms on our website, posters bearing a scannable QR code, by telephone, mobile phone, mobile application, email or a member of our team may collect information from you in person whilst visiting your employer or during a demonstration of our services.
Additional information about you may be provided by you in subsequent contact with you via any of the methods listed above. Such information will only be stored and used with your expressed consent and only for purposes relevant to our services and only for as long as necessarily required.
We use personal information to provide specific services to you. We only use personal information for the purposes for which it has been obtained.
We may use your name, mobile number and email address (where provided), employer & department (where provided) to correspond with you regarding:
- Your messages of thanks to other users
- Messages of thanks to you from other users
- Employer & Department to differentiate you from another user with the same name to ensure you only receive your messages of thanks and that another user does not get them
- Updates to TAP’s Policies and Services and relevant changes to legislation regarding your data and how it is managed, processed and stored
Personal information is accessible on a need-to-know basis. Authorised employees only may be granted access and are obliged to respect the confidentiality of personal information.
Personal information (relevant data) is retained for as long as necessary to deliver the specific services. Other personal information may be retained for specific periods defined by legislation. Record retention will continue or cease as follows:
- Records will be securely retained
- While the data subject (you) remains an active user of TAPs services
- An active user is someone who accesses TAPs platform (thanking or receiving thanks) at least once in a 12-month period.
- Non-active users will be contacted (via email/text/WhatsApp) after 12-months of non-activity and given the option to continue or opt out
- Records will be securely deleted
- On receipt of a written request (via email/letter/text/WhatsApp)
- Non-active users who do not respond, within one calendar month of the first contact attempt, will be automatically opted out and their data securely deleted.
- Records will be securely shared
- With the data subject (you) once we are reasonably certain of your identity or
- With government institutions and authorities if required by law or other regulation
People have a right to request and receive a copy of their personal information. To exercise this right please e-mail or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Thank And Praise Limited
9 Sterling Centre
NB: It is helpful if a description of the required personal information is provided in the e-mail or letter.
Only authorised employees have access to and are associated with the processing of personal information and are obliged to respect the confidentiality of personal information. All access to personal information is controlled by secure computer logins and passwords.
Personal information will not be disclosed to government institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
We do not transmit confidential or personal information or identification data (e.g. names, contact numbers etc.) to outside agencies or 3rd parties.
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information.
Complaints are taken very seriously, and data subjects are encouraged to bring any issues to our attention.
To do this either e-mail or write to:
Thank And Praise Limited
9 Sterling Centre
Additionally you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner, the regulatory authority. The contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Thank and Praise Ltd (contact details above).
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to know more about GDPR and your personal data rights, please visit: www.gov.uk/data-protection